Effective as of June 14, 2017
- What information we collect;
- how we use, share, and protect that information; and
- your choices on how we use and share that information.
1. Types of Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with the CribLis Service we collect the following types of information:
- Information Provided Directly by You to Us. We collect information that you provide when you register for and update your CribLis account, submit and post information to sell, purchase, or rent goods using the CribLis Service, enter a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners, sign up for special offers from selected third parties, send us an email message or a message within the CribLis Service, enroll in payment processing services, provide reviews and comments on goods, engage in communication with other users within the CribLis service, engage in customer service communication to resolve issues. Specific types of information that we may collect in this manner include your email address, name, physical address (city, state, and zip code), government-issued identification (i.e. driver’s license), description of your posted goods for sale or rent, offers that you make on goods, your CribLis user account password, user-to-user communications within the CribLis Service, and all information that you choose to provide while using the CribLis Service.
- Other Information Collected During Use of the CribLis Service. Anytime you access or use the CribLis Service, we may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Device Information. Information that we collect regarding your computer or mobile device used to access the CribLis Service, which may include device identifiers, model, operating system, version, and mobile network.
- Log and Aggregate Information. We collect information that is logged during your use of the CribLis Service. Aggregate information is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon your use of the CribLis Service, and what other sites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points to the site you just came from, which URL you go to after visiting our Site, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, time of access, pages viewed, the last page visited prior to accessing the CribLis Service, and browser type.
- Location. Your location is an integral part of how users are connected in the marketplace. Accordingly, when you access the CribLis Service we may collect location information from your computer or mobile device, if you consent to the collection of this information. If you decline to allow your device to share its location with CribLis, your location will be based on the address that you enter when signing up for the CribLis Service.
- Information from Third Parties. We may obtain information from other sources in our efforts to improve user experience on the CribLis Service. We may receive reports of aggregate information from our advertising partners indicating the number of ads presented and clicked on. We may also obtain customer tracking metrics, which may include but are not limited to: last session, last transaction, amount of each transaction, time spent in the CribLis Service, searches, and screens and brands accessed. In addition, we may receive customer behavior metrics, which may include, but are not limited to: preferences, likes, interests, friends or contacts with other users. Another common instance is if you create an account using your existing social media login credentials or sign in to CribLis Service using your existing social media login credentials. To process this login CribLis will gain access to certain account information from that social media site, including your name, and friend list. Another possible occurrence is that we may receive payment transaction information from Stripe and PayPal, such as amount and time of transaction.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We use collected information to provide service offerings to you and to enhance the operation of the CribLis Service. We may use information for a number of purposes, including to:
- Permit you to login and access the CribLis System;
- Personalize the CribLis System user experience for you, including content, layout, services, and the goods offered in transactions;
- Combine relevant information to enhance the operation of the CribLis Service, to improve navigation within the CribLis system, and to understand user needs in a way that we can use to continuously improve the user experience;
- Troubleshoot user technical issues, investigate user-to-user disputes, resolve customer service matters, and diagnose other issues related to servers or software;
- To deliver information to you and to contact you regarding administrative notices;
- Assist our third-party payment processors in fraud protection, and resolving errors or issues;
- Implement security and data protection measures within the CribLis System to protect your personal information and to facilitate a safe environment for secure transactions;
- Implement identify verification measures for CribLis System users that we may implement for purposes of verifying user identity and address;
- Statistically analyze CribLis Service use and conduct user research to enhance overall user experience and optimize performance of the CribLis Service;
- Provide tailored marketing and promotional offerings from CribLis and other third parties, based on profile and interests; and to improve our internal marketing and promotional efforts;
In addition to these specific operational uses, we will generally use information that we collect to perform any other purpose for which the information was collected. If circumstances arise, we will also use information to comply with any applicable legal, regulatory, or document retention requirements.
CribLis is located in the United States. Accordingly, the information that we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the CribLis Service (or providing information to us by any other method), you consent to the processing and the transference of information in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections that you do under local law.
3. How We Share Information
We do provide some of our product and service offerings through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“service partners”). We may share information with our service partners in order to perform tasks between our respective sites. We may also share aggregated or anonymized information, which by itself does not identify you or a specific individual.
- With other users through the CribLis Service, depending upon information you share in your account that will be made publicly available to connect users for the purchase and lease of goods within the CribLis System. Your name and address information will be shared with users to permit the delivery of purchased or leased goods.
- With your friends or the public via social media sharing features, in instances where users opt to connect social networking accounts with their CribLis user account. If this occurs, information about your some of your activities within CribLis may be shared with your social network. For example, this may occur when items are saved in Pinterest boards, or the Facebook “Like” and Share features are used. Primarily, the information ultimately shared will be determined by your individual settings in your separate social media account, apart from CribLis.
- With law enforcement, if necessary. Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful. If we become aware of actions that violate our terms or policies, we reserve the right to take action to maintain the CribLis Service as a safe, non-hostile, and secure environment.
- With due diligence or financial providers in the context of a merger, sale, restructuring, or financing.
- With your consent, we will share personal information with companies, organization, or individuals outside of CribLis, when have your consent to do so. We will provide you with notice and you must provide opt-in consent for us to use and share your information in this way.
4. Information Security
CribLis takes reasonable measures, consistent with current industry standards, to protect against unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, disclosure, misuse, misappropriation, loss, theft, or destruction of your information.
5. No Expectation of Privacy in Publicly Available Content
The CribLis Service contains public messaging areas, forums, blogs, chat areas, message boards, news feeds, news groups, communities, pages, and calendars, which are publicly displayed and shared with all CribLis users and the Internet community. You agree and understand that by sharing your content in these publicly available areas of the CribLis Service you will allow others to view your content. Use discretion and good judgment when sharing information in these publicly available areas of the CribLis Service.
6. Your Choices on Our Collection and Use of Your Information
Your Account Information. By changing your settings, you have the ability to adjust how your CribLis profile appears to others. You may change any of your personal account information and privacy preferences in your account settings at any time. We encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. If you decide to cancel or deactivate your CribLis account, please contact us. You may request to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups. Information will also be retained when legally required or for legitimate business purposes. Finally, any prior posts by you that were made publicly available throughout the CribLis Service may continue to be publicly available even after deactivation of your account.
Your Location Information. Upon your initial access of the CribLis Service through our mobile application you will be asked to consent to collection of your location information. You may allow or reject our request to use your location information, which will prevent us from using your precise location information. You may change this preference at any time. Please note that if you do not provide consent, we may still use other automatically logged information to determine your approximate location for certain functions within the CribLis Service.
Promotional and Marketing Options. You have the option to change your settings to opt-out of promotional and marketing communications.
Disabling Cookies. You may also set your browser settings to block all cookies. However, it is important to remember that some of our features within the CribLis Service may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
7. Let us know